Seven steps to faster installation
Replacing a polycarbonate or glass conservatory roof with an Icotherm Solid Roof can be done in one day in seven steps.
“Seventy percent of an Icotherm Solid Conservatory Roof is pre-assembled in our factory so there’s far less work to do on site,” Dave Jackson, who designed Icotherm Solid Roof, said.
“Icotherm is constructed of special pods similar to structural insulated panels (SIPs) used in modular home building. The insulation is made to measure in the factory. The pod system is simple to put together and allows installers to easily adjust the roof onsite if needed. Icotherm suits all conservatory styles and is a high-performance method of replacing or building conservatory roofs.”
An Icotherm Solid Roof is installed in seven steps:
- Icotherm delivers pre-assembled roof pods direct to site
- Remove the old conservatory roof
- Fix the pre-cut angled beam around the top of the windows and the central roof spine
- Install the pods in place
- Fix eaves guard around the perimeter and cover the pods with the breather membrane – at this point it’s watertight
- Attach the lightweight tiles
- Stand back and admire your fast work
Icotherm Solid Roofs are delivered with very few components and the pods are numbered for a straightforward installation. The roof doesn’t require any special tools and can be installed using what you’d find in any window installer’s tool box.