Flexible panic exit hardware

Window Ware has launched a new panic bar system, with aim of helping fabricators simplify ordering and streamline stock-holding.

Omec panic exit devices are designed to fit most emergency doors, whatever the configuration or composition, straight out of the box.

Window Ware has put together two Omec panic bar kits which contain everything needed to achieve up to three secure locking points on both left and right-handed single or double doors, including a selection of strikers to suit PVCU, timber or aluminium compositions.

Therefore, unless a project demands external access, a push pad instead of push bar or just a single centre latch point (there are hardware options available for those too), there’s just a choice between the active or slave Omec panic bar kits.

Omec panic door hardware lets fabricators accommodate for the most popular emergency door arrangements with the minimum of parts, and they can customise their system if required with optional accessories. Omec emergency exit devices are also surface mounted.

Window Ware’s business development manager for aluminium Rich Fraser said: “These new Omec panic bar kits will probably work for around 99% of emergency door configurations and we’ve got optional accessories that will take care of the remaining 1%.”

Rich continued: “Although I joined Window Ware just last year, I’ve been selling and supporting the Omec range for over a decade. That means I know the products inside out and have developed a great relationship with the Omec team. I’m looking forward to passing on the benefits of that experience and accrued knowledge to Window Ware customers now that we’re the only UK importer for the Omec range.”