VACANCY FOR GENERAL MANAGER – CONSERVATORY ROOF FABRICATION BUSINESS
West Sussex Area
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a General Manager to join a market leading trade manufacturer and supplier of conservatory roofs, insulated tile roofs, aluminium doors and windows.
Pavilion Systems is a B2B business and works across a broad customer base which includes large construction organisations, fabricators, private housebuilders and home improvement companies across the South East of England. This business is part the larger group of Prefix Systems companies, a market leader with manufacturing locations across the UK.
Reporting to the Group Directors, this is an exciting opportunity for someone who has a real passion for quality and excellence and able to provide guidance and support to a team of specialist fabricators.
- Management of the day to day business activities.
- Processing of quotes and orders.
- Responsible for all product streams including Conservatory roofs (fabricated on site), aluminium/timber composite, aluminium and high end PVC frames.
Scheduling of all work into factory.
- Stock Control.
- Communicating with customers and suppliers on a daily basis and developing these relationships.
- Monitor time keeping, overtime & productivity of staff within factory.
- Ensuring workload targets are achieved by ensuring adequate resources are available.
- Work as a team with other team members to improve operation efficiency – operational meetings to be held with factory staff to discuss improvements.
- Delegate workloads to factory staff to achieve daily targets.
- Ensure all quality checks are carried out on a daily basis.
- To ensure housekeeping to an acceptable standard across the factory
Ensuring compliance with current H&S legislation (with support from external specialist) and ensuring any H&S issues are reported & addressed in a timely fashion.
- Provide & monitor training in relevant areas where necessary.
- Record and monitor internal non-conformances.
- Contribute and implement process improvements to administration process.
- Management of financial budgets.
- Reporting weekly to directors with production updates.
- Ensuring the site is safe, well maintained & secure.
- Some general administrative duties
- To be considered you need to have a minimum of at least 3 years’ experience of Management of operational and production activities in an industrial manufacturing and production environment.
- Be commercially aware.
- You will be IT literate with all MS Office products, SAGE, and ideally familiar with Autocad or similar design packages.
- You will be able to create improvements to operational efficiency, budgets and costings and deliver accordingly.
- You can demonstrate a high level of work ethic, cultural awareness, compliance to laws & current regulations throughout your daily activities.
- If you’re a competent man-manager, ready for change, enjoy a challenge and want to join a class leading business, have the required experience and willing to go the extra-mile then apply now.
HOW TO APPLY
If you’re interested and want to apply for a position with Prefix Systems you can do so in any of the following ways:
Emailing a copy of your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org (please provide a contact telephone number).
Posting a copy of your C.V. with a covering letter to the following address: Vacancies (HR Department), Prefix Systems, Systems House, Cunliffe Road, Blackburn, Lancashire, BB1 5UA.