FIT Show launches ‘digital twin’ of 2023 event
FIT Show organisers have launched FIT Show 360, a digital twin of its May 2023 event, after a successful pilot scheme with developers, EXPO360.
The platform provides a 360 degree capture of the exhibition, with online access to over 150 exhibitors showcasing the very latest innovations in windows, doors, machinery, glass technology and much more.
FIT Show 360 is designed to extend the life of the event for exhibitors, visitors and anyone who missed the show via a virtual tour hosted at https://www.fitshow.co.uk/view-fit-show-360-platform.
FIT Show event director, Nickie West, said: “Whilst nothing beats visiting FIT Show in the flesh, our unparalleled virtual experience is the next best thing. FIT Show 360 offers a digital twin of our exhibition halls from the NEC this May. As an event organiser, we are constantly looking at ways to enhance the live experience for exhibitors and visitors, working with EXPO 360 to launch FIT Show 360 has allowed us to do just that.
“Our exhibitors can now increase the shelf life of the show with their detailed digital recording and hot spots, whilst visitors can go back and re immerse themselves in the event. An added bonus has been being able to launch a digital twin of the show for people who couldn’t make it, but want to learn more about the show, the brands and products – they can now do this from anywhere in the world.”
FIT Show 360 key features:
- Full virtual twin of the exhibition, embedded on the exhibition website for exhibitors, visitors and prospects to access online after the main event.
- Fully customisable branded menu system allows exhibitions to create searchable directories of all their exhibitors.
- EXPO360 is fully accessible on mobile and tablets with responsive design and menus.
- Individual URLs for every stand provide the ability to drive traffic directly from websites and social media.
- VR compatible for truly immersive experience.
- Multi-language capability with instant translation option.
Featured exhibitor benefits:
- Appear in both the highlights reel and in the featured section of the directory giving visitors the ability to jump straight to their stands and explore their hotspots.
- The option of adding additional hotspots to add images, videos, brochures, links and production information to their stand.
- Highlighted at top of the standard directory containing all exhibitors.
EXPO360, which developed the launch pilot for FIT Show, is headed up by former BBC, SKY and ITV programme maker, Alan Tisch
He commented: “With many clients in the fenestration industry, my first experience of large scale exhibitions came when I attended FIT Show in 2018. I was blown away by the huge scale of the event and size of the stands, but also realised what a huge investment exhibitions are in both time and money.
“I saw an opportunity for a real world digital twin of the event to allow people to freely walk around from any device anywhere in the world. EXPO360 has been designed to increase the shelf life of exhibitions, as well as creating an opportunity for those who missed an event to go back and explore it in the virtual world.”